This page presents a selection of the most relevant papers that I have published. You can find a complete list of my papers on other websites, such as Lattes (in Portuguese), DBLP Bibliography Server , Google Scholar, Research Gate and Academia.edu.
More importantly, I invite you to check the most recent papers published by the Nexus Research Initiative.
- Horita, F. E. A., Albuquerque, J.P., Marchezini, V. Understanding the decision-making process in disaster risk monitoring and early-warning: a case study within a control room in Brazil. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, 2018. DOI:10.1016/j.ijdrr.2018.01.034
- Assis, L. F. F. G., Horita, F. E. A., Freitas E. P., Ueyama, J., Albuquerque, J. P. A Service-Oriented Middleware for Integrated Management of Crowdsourced and Sensor Data Streams in Disaster Management. Sensors 18 (6), pp. 1-27, 2018. DOI: 10.3390/s18061689
- Horita, F. E. A., Albuquerque, J.P., Marchezini, V., Mendiondo, E. M. Bridging the gap between decision-making and emerging big data sources: an application of a model-based framework to disaster management in Brazil. Decision Support Systems, 2017. DOI:10.1016/j.dss.2017.03.001.
- Horita, F. E. A., Albuquerque, J. P., Degrossi. L. C., Mendiondo, E. M., Ueyama, J. Development of a spatial decision support system for flood risk management in Brazil that combines volunteered geographic information with wireless sensor networks. Computers & Geosciences 80, pp. 84-94, 2015. DOI:10.1016/j.cageo.2015.04.001.
- Horita, F. E. A., Degrossi, L. C., Assis, L. F. F. G., Zipf, A., Albuquerque, J. P. The use of Volunteered Geographic Information (VGI) and Crowdsourcing in Disaster Management: a Systematic Literature Review. 19th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Chicago, USA, 2013. [Website]